Monday, May 11, 2009

Back in the NBC

It's been four days since my last journey to my native land, so it must be time to visit the Newborn Club at Kaiser Permanente again. At 5 lbs 8 oz, I'm comfortably over birth weight even with pee-pee taken into account.

They have a nursing race for all the moms and babies at the NBC. The volume winner is a 5-day-old boy who knocks back 1.2 oz in 15 minutes. At 0.8 oz in 5 minutes, I win the sprint and the milk/mass ratio as well.

Next, we go upstairs to see the plastic surgeon. He looks pretty flesh-and-blood to me. He said I have one year to learn to do something useful with my tail. If I can't use it to swing from branches or play video games, it'll have to come off.

On the way home, Mom and Dad took me on my very first shopping trip. To Walgreens. What's with that? I'm sure I spoke clearly. What part of Game Stop don't you understand?

Leaving home is hungry work. After we got home, I made sure Mom and Dad fed me every 60 minutes for the rest of the day. Six feedings between 9 pm and 2 am. You have to come over and try the room service here.

No comments:

Post a Comment