Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fleeting pleasures

As my palate keeps expanding, so does the list of not-for-babies foods. The earthly delights that Dad has allowed me to taste and then cruelly snatched away include such delicacies as beer, coffee, telephone wire, tea, ice cream, paper, cheeseburger, power cord, medium-spicy peanut curry, and the lowest blow of all: chocolate. Not even a screaming tantrum would bring back Big C. Believe me, I tried.

On the other hand, Dad lets me eat all I want and then some of spinach, green beans, carrots and squash. As far as I can tell, Dad himself eats only coffee, cookies and chocolate-covered raisins. Is there any justice in this universe?

1 comment:

  1. Offer a compromise: ask dad for your next taste of coffee as chocolate covered coffee-beans.

    If he balks, point out the BEANS are a VEGETABLE and, hence, baby-food.

    (Note, too, that chocolate is made pretty much from BEANS and MILK -- or at least the cheap chocolate you're getting. Just wait until you're old enough for The Good Stuff.)

    ReplyDelete