Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gooey, Gooey

Anyone who goes to Uncle Mike's for Thanksgiving risks attending the so-called show. For my debut, I accompanied Mom and Dad as, in lieu of entertainment, they sang this song (to the tune of "Louie, Louie").

Bass line:
(ad nauseum)
Nom nom nom
Nom nom
Nom nom nom

Nom nom


Refrain:
Gooey gooey
Oh yeah
Me gotta eat
Yea yea yea yea yea yea

Gooey gooey
Oh yeah
Me gotta eat
Yea yea yea yea yea yea

Verse 1:

A fine little meal
They make for me
It's fruit and veg'-
table puree [sic]

Me slurp it up
From plastic spoon
Then spit a glob
Across the room

Verse 2:

Carrots, peas
And winter squash
Are just the thing
For baby nosh

Of all the foods,
The best me like
Potatoes mash'
By Uncle Mike

Refrain

Verse 3:

Me grab me toes
Me drop me spoon
Me meal it take
All afternoon

Me wash it down
With drink of milk
Me tell you, mon
No bovine ilk

Verse 4:

That gooey food
It everywhere
It on me nose
It in me hair

Afterwards
Me take me bath
While Dad mop up
The aftermath

Final Refrain:

Gooey gooey
Oh yeah
Me gotta eat
Yea yea yea yea yea yea

Ga-ga gooey
Oh yeah
Me wanna eat now
Wah wah wah wah wah wah!

1 comment: