Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cat's Away

Mom had to go in to work for a very serious, important meeting at someplace called "Santa Cruz Boardwalk". "Keep your noses clean," she admonished as she chucked her sunscreen into the car and peeled out of the driveway.

Dad took me down to the library for baby sit-and-sing. Who knew there were so many babies in Santa Clara? We met Amelia, Chloe, Taylor, Henry, and Other Chloe. Dads, on the other hand, are scarce: moms outnumber them by at least 10 to 1. I can't rule out sample bias, though. It may be that dads are scared of libraries. Mine was sure wide-eyed.

After the library, we went to lunch at Plastic Heaven. Rebecca wanted to play in the multi-story climbing structure, but the noisy big kids were intimidating and I can't fight off more than three at a time. Instead I conversed with a sweet little granny who spoke only Portuguese. Babies are naturally polyglot.

After that we went for ice cream.

These activities must be detrimental to nasal hygiene, because Dad and Rebecca gave me a bath in the sink when we got home. Rebecca sprayed water in my face; I'd hold a grudge, but my hands don't work that well yet. So instead, I filled my diaper with a 180-degree wraparound poop. Or maybe that's just cause and effect, like how washing your car makes it rain. In any event, Dad got me cleaned up, so Mom will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment