Thursday, April 29, 2010

12-month review

I've accomplished a lot in the past twelve months.
  • I was born
  • I learned how to nurse and to drink from a bottle, sippy cup or glass
  • I learned how to roll over, sit up, crawl, cruise, and stand
  • I learned to smile, laugh, and squeal with delight
  • I learned how to eat pretzels
  • I grew about 10 inches, a gain of 55%
  • I grew about 12.5 pounds, a gain of 243%
  • I learned how to clap my hands
  • I learned a proto-ASL sign and a couple of proto-words
  • I learned my name
  • I learned that people and things still exist even when I can't see them
  • I had a major surgery and two MRIs
  • I was treated by 12 doctors and countless PAs and nurses
  • I flew over 20,000 miles on 6 airplane flights
  • I parked a crib in 6 hotel rooms and 3 friends' guest rooms
  • I moved to a new country 9 time zones away
  • I outgrew 3 diaper sizes and 3 big cartons of clothing
  • I wrote 379 blog posts
  • I took 1,320 naps
  • I ate around 7,300 ounces of milk, 45 pounds of baby glop, less grown-up food than Mom and Dad wanted, and 14 Bavarian soft pretzels
  • I soiled 17,381,927,426.73 diapers
Hard work pays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment