Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sleeping Like a Baby

For the sake of simplicity, I'll be blunt: sometimes a girl needs to fart. I woke up for my 2 AM feeding last night and felt that unmistakable pressure in my lower regions. A quick snack didn't help, so I raised the alarm (and the rafters) and got both Mom and Dad on the job.

Dad burped me (hah, nice try!) and changed my diaper, then everybody spent a while watching me kick my legs and yell. Finally I managed to pass the gas, so it was playtime! What? You're both already up, why don't you want to play?

The ol' fuddy-duddies swaddled me back up and put me in my bed, and then Mom sang to me. It took a virus in the bacterium on the hair on the leg on the mite on the wing on the flea on the fly on the frog on the bump on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea, but finally I fell asleep around 3:30.

And then I got hiccups.

I got back to sleep a little before 4:00, in plenty of time to wake up at 6:00 for my next feeding. How come Mom and Dad looked so out of it this morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment